2017 Camp Dates
1st Session: June 4th – 10th
2nd Session: June 11th – 17th
3rd Session: June 18th – 24th
4th Session: July 9th – 15th
First Session – for those who have completed 8th grade through completed Freshman year of college. Director: Patrick Chesney
Second Session – for those who have completed 4th grade through completed 8th grade. Director: Scotty Lee
Third Session – for those who have completed 4th grade through completed 8th grade. Director: Lance Hendrix
Fourth Session – for those who have completed 4th grade through completed 8th grade. Director: Josh Frank
CHECK-IN TIME: Sunday afternoon between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. Please do not arrive before 4:00 p.m. Camp officially begins at 6:00 p.m. All parents and other visitors must be clear of Camp by that time.
CHECK-OUT TIME: The following Saturday morning between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. Please be prompt. All facilities and cabins must be cleaned and prepared for the next session.
The total cost for one week of Camp is $175.00. Room, board, crafts, all breaks, and a t-shirt are included. A minimum registration fee of $25 is required and is non-refundable. The balance of $150.00 is due one week prior to the first day of Camp. Late payment, from one week prior through the first day of Camp will be $200.00.
Mission Statement: To make Christ known by teaching the Bible at summer camp and weekend retreats. Our Mission is to provide an environment conducive to the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of children. All activities, teaching and supervision will be developed, overseen, and provided by individuals devoted to God’s word and faithful Christians. This mission will encourage all children attending camp to develop friendships and relationships that will last through eternity.
Great Things about Camp!
- Camp Smiling Acres is operated by a Board of Trustees, all of whom are members of the Church of Christ.
- The Camp is located on 118 acres of beautiful, piney woods and rolling hills near Greensburg, Louisiana. This location is within an hour’s drive of Baton Rouge, and is easily accessible via Interstate 55 and Louisiana Highway 10.
- A full-time director conducts each Camp session. Each cabin is under the direct supervision of a Christian counselor, who seeks to be a personal friend to each camper in his or her cabin.
- The kitchen staff is at work preparing delicious and nutritious meals long before the campers awake each day.
- During the day, Bible teachers, athletic directors, lifeguards and craft instructors plan and provide meaningful and fun activities.
- All possible preparations are being made for every camper to have a safe, healthy and fun-filled week at Camp. Great food, healthy exercise and plenty of rest are standard policy for every session.
- Other activities include devotionals, Bible study, talent shows, singing, hiking, games, soccer, softball, volleyball, ping-pong, swimming, basketball, badminton and lots of fun with good friends.
For more information about Camp Smiling Acres, you can email email@example.com.